Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Stay At Hearton Hotel Higashishinagawa (Tokyo) - How To Get There & Places To Go

Thought of sharing my experience staying at Hearton Hotel Higashishinagawa. My overall experience here has been positive and thought of sharing it with you guys. Although I can opt to stay overnight in airport or First Cabin, I decided to stay in a hotel this round (Flying from KLIA via Airasia or ANA usually arrive Haneda Airport around 10.30pm).


To reach Hearton Hotel Higashishinagawa, the closest station to this hotel will be Shinagawa Seaside Station (Rinkai Line).  From the airport you need to change the train to their nearest station or walk 12 minutes from Aomono Yokocho Station (Keikyu-Kuko Line). I've read reviews that you can take a bus to Shinagawa Seaside Station so I opt to take the bus instead. Once you clear immigration and collected your bags, look out for these machine when you're at the arrival hall.


The ticket cost 570 yen to Shinagawa Seaside Station.


There's an english option on this machine and you just need to key in the name of the station. 


The last service to this station is at 11pm. Once I got my ticket I went straight to the bus stand.


Look out for the signage to the bus stand and take the escalator down. 


If you're not sure, just check the sign board which is located next to the escalator. Took this picture for my reference so I will know which bus stop to take in the future if I ever decide to take the bus. 


There's ticket machine near the bus stop so no worry if you missed the machine I showed earlier. 


Timetable to Shinagawa Seaside Station (品川シーサイド駅). Confirmed that the last bus to the station is at 11pm from Haneda International Airport. 


The bus arrived a few minutes before 11pm and realized that I was the only passenger 😱. Fortunately, few passengers came on board after a short wait and proceed to pick up other passengers from other terminals as well (you can actually use Suica card onboard after observing other passengers using the card)


After picking passengers from the airport the first stop will be Shinagawa Seaside station. But if you're not sure an announcement will be shown on the tv screen. The hotel is only a short 2 minute walk across the street from the bus stop. Super convenient. 


Check-in was easy breeze and in no time I got my key card to my room. 


Stayed in this single room for 4 nights (I will explain in detail in this post why I stayed 4 nights here). It's small but it's bearable and comfortable. There's not much of a view from the window so I left it close most of the time.


The bathroom....compact but all the necessary features are fitted into this small space. I always prefer rooms with a bathtub cause after a long day of walking, soaking in the bathtub helps to relieve those aching pain. 


The room is equipped with all the necessary facilities you need in the room, especially a USB charge near the bedside. And if you're wondering, there's free wifi here. I didn't use their wifi so I can't be sure if the connection is strong since I brought my own portable wifi with me. 


The only downside I can think of is their pillow, which can either be too soft or too hard for my liking. Another downside is opening your luggage. I have to place my luggage at the entrance to open it. I usually leave it open and close it when I leave the room. 


I bought a meal coupon (1000 yen) to try their breakfast since I was heading off early the next morning.


Pretty decent buffet breakfast. I usually don't eat much in the morning so unless you're a big eater this is a great option.


The following morning I have an egg sandwich and coffee in the room (same thing for the next 3 days). I was only aware there's a Lawson nearby while walking around. It's actually near the bus station where I was dropped off. You just need to take an escalator down one floor and you'll be able to find it. 


I went back to the bus station to check the timetable. There're limited slot to take the bus to Haneda airport but its great to know that I can take the bus to the airport if I ever stay here again. 


I decided to stay in this hotel since there were places I wanted to go which is convenient to travel from here. On the second day of my stay I head out to Tokyo Disneyland and it's only less than 30 minutes from the hotel to Maihama Station (required to change train once). Usually the whole day is spent here when you're in Disneyland. 


I located another day for Odaiba, a popular shopping and entertainment district on a man-made island in Tokyo Bay. There are so many things to do here so you'll need a day to see it all. Great for those who love shopping...and perhaps some onsen experience.


If you can locate a day on weekends, you can check out their flea market which opens almost every weekend. It's quite far out from the city but if you're staying in this hotel it's only 16 minutes train ride to oikeibajomae station and a short walk to Tokyo City Flea Market Oi Keibajo. You can check this site for more information. 


I love to check out flea markets if I ever have the chance so even if I didn't buy anything but I get to see quite a number of interesting stuff while I'm here. There were a few jewelry boxes that caught my eyes but they were way too big or heavy to carry back with me 😭


Other than the flea market I was here to attend one of the exhibitions at Tokyo Big Sight during the weekend. Often there are events held here so it was easier for me to come here.


If you're too tired and just need to chill out (minus the crowds), cross over and head to Aeon Mall instead. There're groceries and smaller shops to see around here.  (Note the train sign at the bottom right? The train station is just right across the hotel. Super convenient!)


No worry about my meals because there're a few fast-food chains and a food courts in Aeon Mall nearby. I don't have to worry about being hungry. 


That's pretty much sums up what I did while staying in this hotel. Great to stay overnight if you're flying off the next day or a place to rest before heading off to the city the next day. This is my own personal view and I truly enjoyed my stay here. Do check out their website for more details.

Watch the video below as I walk through the room where I stayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment