Monday, July 13, 2015

1 Night Stay @ 'First Cabin' (Haneda Airport)

My last post I mentioned I stayed in First Cabin on my first day arrival in Tokyo. I decided to stay here since it was a cheaper option for me to spend a night here (for solo traveler). 



The plane touch down in Tokyo and it was slightly after 11pm once I'm out from the airport. I looked out for the free shuttle bus to the Domestic Terminals.


Look out for the sign board where the shuttle bus is. There's a timetable on the board. Last service for free shuttle is 11.54pm.


Terminal one is the second stop (from the international airport). If you're not sure, just look out or listen to the announcement. 


Terminal one airport closed after midnight. If you arrive late and the door is closed, there's an intercom for you to contact the staff inside. 


No problem finding the hotel (when you step out from the shuttle bus) since there's signboard to direct you. 


Payment need to be made upfront upon arrival. I paid 6000 yen for a night for a first class cabin room (they accept both cash and credit card). I was given an access card and a locker key after payment.


You need the access card to walk in to your cabin (which I will show you a walk through later). A layout map below give you a rought idea what the place look like. Note that this layout is for ladies cabin. 


I paid extra 1000 yen to stay in a first class cabin.  I opted to stay first class since there's space for you to put your luggage. Business class only comes with a bed layout. 


Shirt, pants, towers, tooth brush and slippers are provided. Unfortunately the shirt and pant is a bit too small for me but it was okay since I brought my own pyjamas anyway. Am not sure if you can request a larger size. 


Glad to know I can hang my coat but you can only hang two since there's only 2 hangers. It was sufficient for me since the rest of the thing I just throw into my luggage.


There's a TV in the cabin but didn't use it since I was occupied with my handphone. And yes, they have good wifi service and speedy connection here (a must have!).


It was past midnight when I went to check out the place. And there're guest checking in later than me. The place is pretty quiet around this time. 


I went to the lounge and there's a food and drinks vending machine, located next to the reception where you check in. 


I didn't know there will be a vending machine since I bought my drinks and a sandwich earlier at the convenience store. 



I walked out the place and hoping that there's other thing to see but the place is pretty quiet since all shops are closed. All domestic terminal are closed to the publics except for guest staying at First Cabin. 



Since there's nothing to do I went back to my cabin and tried to sleep it off but couldn't since I can hear foot steps outside when guest leaves their cabin (I'm a light sleeper). The wall is really thin so you can pretty much hear the movement and noises outside (including your next door neighbour if they snore).


Eventually I gave up trying to sleep and walk out the hotel to record the video below. It's just a short walk through and give you a rough idea what to expect if you ever decide to stay here. 




Checking out their washroom, one would be impressed with it because not only it's big and spacious but it's also spotless clean and neat!



No worry if you've left out certain toiletries because everything is provided. You don't even need to use your own toiletries if you stay here. 


As for the shower, there're only 2 private showers since the rest are public bathing. I didn't check out the public bath since everyone have to strip naked to enter. I'm not comfortable stripping naked and bathing with other ladies. When I first check out the toilet earlier I almost yelp in surprise when I saw a lady strip naked right infront of me. 


This is where you put your clothes while bathing. And since I'm uncomfortable bathing with naked woman so I waited when everyone is asleep before taking my shower. 


In the end, I managed to sleep for 2 hours (partly I have difficult sleeping in new places and being a light sleeper). Overall, First Cabin is essentially an enlarged capsule hotel with the convenience of an onsite airport location. For the cost, convenience and novelty, I would recommend staying at First Cabin. Do check out their website for more information. 



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information!! This is really helpful for me as a solo traveller. I will be arriving Haneda international late at night too.. So i think this will be the best option to stay overnight at the airport instead of stepping out into the the city during wee hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. And ya, great for solo travel. Enjoy your holiday :)

      Delete
  2. No mention of the wifi? Is there any wifi service?

    ReplyDelete